Tuesday, December 15, 2009



I have to say that this project was very interesting. I loved working with my fellow group members and i believed everyone did a wonderful job. This class was very challenging but everyone pulled through and helped accomplish everything. My reflections on this class is that its for someone who wants to be an architect especially.
I loved the project and my favorite part on this project is actually building the model of our house. It was very artsy and that was the best part. This project and class was fun. Before the project, we were drawing houses and building floor plans for practice before we start the project. That was very interesting. Mr. Reece helped us on many of the drawings.
One thing i enjoyed about the drawings was the elevations. That was fun and actually drawing the details on the elevation was cool. I had art for four years and i enjoyed drawing houses with detail. Another technique he showed us was projecting the lines down to make the right proportions of the house. Also projecting the lines on a door or a window was great because that made sure that those particular items were in the right place.
Another thing he told us to try and do is the ProjectDragonFly where we had to build our house and add interior items in our house. I used dragonfly and made our house come to life almost. That was extremely fun because it was almost as being an interior designer. Thats a picture up top of the completed drawing.
Working with autocad was not my best subject but many people helped me work on it and showed me the buttons that performed different tasks. On the project, i was able to work with autocad and i did the elevation part of the project. That gave me the chance to help me gain more skills with autocad. Working with autocad helped me to see what the house would look like head on. I enjoyed autocad after a while and would love to do it again.
Overall, the class was challenging but fun and interesting. I enjoyed working with Mr. Reece and the students here were great. We had fun in the class and i will defiently miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment