Thursday, November 19, 2009



This is the foundation plan of our house, as you can see it reflects the first floor plan exterior and is mainly concerned with the support and piers/posts for the house. We chose to use the pier/post design style because of the possibility of flooding in our build location, and the simplicity of construction.

One of the many factors that the foundation plan took into account was the weight of our house which came out to be just under 80,000 lbs. Our house will be sitting on 6”x6” posts and a 2’x2’ footing. Our front and back porch will be supported by 4”x4” posts and 1’-5”x1’-5” footings.

We have faced many challenges for this portion of our project and will enjoy continuing until the end of semester.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am amazed at the number of technical considerations you had to study and review for your plan! Great work. I am very impressed.
    I think your home looks nice and as a cook, I appreciate the extra counter space in the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete